By Robert G. Chadwick, Jr., Partner, Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP.
On March 12, 2021, OSHA launched a National Emphasis Program for the inspections of companies that put the largest number of workers at serious risk of contracting COVID-19. Amongst the employers targeted by the National Emphasis Program are the following:
- Health care providers
- Nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Emergency responders
- Correctional facilities
- Meatpacking plants and poultry processing facilities
- Grocery stores
- Discount department stores
- General warehousing & storage
- Temporary help services
- Workplaces with high numbers of COVID-19-related complaints or known COVID-19 cases
- Workplaces in communities with increasing rates of COVID-19 transmission
Robert G. Chadwick, Jr. frequently speaks to non-profit organizations regarding occupational safety and health issues. To contact him for a speaking engagement, please e-mail him at email@example.com.